Shannon here: Barbour/Summerside Press author Anita Higman shares insight into her real life romance and that of her characters in her book, Love Finds You under the Mistletoe. Comment on any blog post dated Nov 29 – Nov 3 for a chance to win a copy. Deadline: Dec 4, midnight Central time. Here’s Anita:
- What’s the most romantic thing your spouse has ever done for you?
My husband, Peter, has been taking care of the daily dishes for decades so that I can spend more time writing. Now, I’m sure to some women this deed may sound kindhearted, but a bit dull in the romantic category. But for me this self-sacrificing, supportive act rings of romance!
2. What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for your spouse?
Many years ago I wrote a story for a small children’s newspaper, and in exchange I received a free hot air balloon ride, which I gave to my husband as a gift. My husband had a good time flying with the birds.
3. Where is the most romantic place you and your spouse have ever been?
A few weeks ago we went to the South of France. The quaint villages, which were full of flowers in full bloom, were like something out of a happily-ever-after fairytale.
4. Do you and your spouse have a favorite romantic restaurant?
We enjoy eating at Macaroni Grill. They have soft romantic lighting and very good food.
5. What’s the most romantic present your spouse ever bought for you?
An elegant statue to put outside in my garden. To me that is ultra-romantic!
6. What is your hero’s favorite romantic destination?
My hero, Owen, is a bit of a homebody, so he doesn’t like to travel a great deal. But hiking in the Rockies would appeal to him.
7. Do your hero and heroine have a favorite song?
They sometimes find themselves humming Over the Rainbow.
8. What simple gesture does your heroine do that melts your hero every time?
The cute way Holly hiccups when she gets nervous.
9. Who is most romantic, your hero or your heroine?
Holly is romantic in nature, but Owen isn’t sure how to sweep a girl off her feet. To win Holly’s heart, though, Owen gets very creative.
10. If your hero and heroine end up married, where will they go on their honeymoon?
They both might choose to go to Colorado and hike the Rockies together.
About Anita: Award-winning author, Anita Higman, has twenty-six books published (several coauthored) for adults and children, and she has been honored as a Barnes & Noble Author of the Month for Houston. Anita has a BA degree, combining communication, psychology, and art. Her favorite things include exotic teas, movies, and all things Jane Austen. Please visit her site at www.anitahigman.com.
Come back Dec 3 for a very special guest. Anita asked if her co-author could take the second post and I fell into the interview of my life. Her co-author is none other than inspirational romance pioneer, Irene Brand. Brand helped blaze the trail for today’s contemporary romance writers. I’m honored, humbled, and priveleged that she agreed to share a glimpse into her real life romance and her characters’ from Love Finds You Under the Mistletoe on my blog.