Shannon here: Tanya Eavenson shares a recipe for Southern Buttermilk Biscuits plus a chance to win a $5.00 Amazon gift card and an e-book copy of her, Historical Romance, The Rescue. Comment or answer the question on any post dated Sept 3rd – 6th to enter the drawing. Deadline: Sept 14th, 11:59 pm central time. Here’s Tanya!
Do you have a recipe you and your spouse enjoy making?
Actually, we do! Several years ago I mentioned to him that I wished I knew how to make homemade biscuits for The Rescue since my heroine has a difficult time making them. 😊 The idea took hold, and it wasn’t long before we started making biscuits together. Here’s the recipe. Hope you enjoy!
Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups of White Lily Self-Rising Flour
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled in freezer & sliced into thin slices
- A large pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cold milk
- large bowl
- pastry cutter or knife
- cookie cutters
- baking sheet
- non-stick parchment paper
- Place unsalted butter in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with non-stick parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, salt, & sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add sliced butter into the flour mixture & blend together with a pastry cutter until mixture crumbles.
- Make a crater in the center of the flour mixture & add in ¾ cup of milk.
- Fold flour over milk until it becomes slightly sticky to the touch, but don’t stir or overwork the dough.
- Add flour to work surface & then add the dough.
- Flatten with palm into a rectangle, folding the dough like a tri-fold brochure. Repeat this step 2-3 times.
- Palm dough on a floured surface about ¾ inch thick and cut out biscuits with cookie cutters. Place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until tops are golden brown.
About Tanya: Tanya Eavenson is an international bestselling and award-winning inspirational romance author. She enjoys spending time with her husband and their three children. Her favorite pastime is grabbing a cup of coffee, eating chocolate, and reading a good book. Learn more and connect:
About the book – The Rescue:
Sometimes the path to freedom is found in an unexpected future.
Upon the death of her mother, Rosalind Standford’s life shatters, the pieces scattering to the wind when she is forced into a betrothal to a cunning banker. But when a telegram arrives announcing the man who captured her heart is on a train to Boston, Rosalind must hide her true feelings before the thin cord of her existence unravels the deadly secrets she keeps.
Cowboy Trent Easton returns to his roots in Boston society to find his childhood friend, the love of his heart. Instead he finds a broken woman engaged to a man close to her father’s age. Though she once rejected him, when Trent learns she’s in danger, he determines to do whatever it takes to keep her safe—even taking her to the altar in the black of night. But will his name and the remote wilds of his Texas ranch be enough to protect her? Or will freedom cost them their lives?
Can’t wait for the drawing or worried you won’t win?
Get your copy now! The Rescue – Amazon
Question for Readers: What is your favorite treat to make for your family or friends?
Come back Sept 10th for Jennifer Slattery!