Today I’m sharing an interview featuring my Postmaster/heroine & mail carrier/hero from White Doves. Leave a comment on any post dated Oct 4 – 8 by Oct 9, 8:00 PM Central for a chance to win a copy of White Doves.
Romance wasn’t what Laken had in mind.
Laken Kroft left home eight years ago and never looked back. Who knew when she applied for the promotion to postmaster that she’d end up in Romance, Arkansas, and much too close to her parents, the town drunk and the local gossip maven?
Hayden Winters has his hands full raising his paraplegic nephew, Brady, and wrestling his guilt over having caused the child’s injury. When the boy’s father, Laken’s brother, turns up and starts talking custody, Laken’s influence is Hayden’s only hope. But whose side is she really on?
1. What’s the most romantic thing Hayden ever did for Laken?
He put a romantic love song on her cell phone, so that when he calls her, the song plays.
2. Where is the most romantic place Hayden & Laken have ever been?
The Romance Waterfalls.
3. What simple gesture does Hayden do that melts Laken every time?
He loves his nephew and puts the child’s needs first.
4. What simple gesture does Laken do that melts Hayden every time?
All her hurts reflect in her eyes.
5. How soon after meeting Hayden did Laken know he was the one?
It took her awhile. Laken was determined to remain single to avoid her parents’ trainwreck of a marriage.
6. How soon after meeting Laken did Hayden know she was the one?
It took him awhile, since he’d once been hurt by his ex-fiancee.
7. Do Laken and Hayden have a favorite romantic restaurant?
For every day, they like the Rambler Cafe’ in Rose Bud. For a romantic dinner, they prefer Colton’s Steak House in Searcy.
8. Who is most romantic, Hayden or Laken?
Come back Oct 8 for an exclusive excerpt of Hayden and Laken’s first meeting.