Shannon here: Inspirational epic fantasy author, Janalyn Voigt shares insight into her real life romance. Her book, DawnSinger hasn’t released yet, so she’s helping me give away a copy of Rodeo Dust. Every time you comment, your name goes in the drawing. Deadline: Nov 9th, 11:59 pm central time. Here’s Janalyn:
1. What’s the most romantic thing your spouse has ever done for you?
John said his wedding vows with feeling, and I knew he meant every promise.
2. What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for your spouse?
I attended a baseball game with him, although I have no real interest in the game. That meant a lot to him, and surprisingly I had fun.
3. Where is the most romantic place you and your spouse have ever been?
On our anniversary one year we traveled to McCall, Idaho. It was a farther drive than we’d expected, and we went through Hell’s Canyon by the light of a full moon, often holding hands.
4. Do you and your spouse have a favorite romantic restaurant?
We enjoy going out for Thai or Mexican food but don’t really have a favorite restaurant.
5. Do you and your spouse have a favorite song?
John and I both write music and sing. We especially enjoy the song he wrote entitled “Hannah’s Prayer” based on 1 Samuel 2:1-10. Here’s the refrain: “There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God.
6. What’s the most romantic present your spouse ever bought for you?
As a wedding gift, John framed several oil paintings I’d purchased but never gotten framed, and then surprised me with them.
7. What’s the most romantic present you ever bought your spouse?
That one is to come, this Christmas, so I’d better not say.
8. Do you and your spouse have a favorite romantic vacation destination?
We love to go to the coast in winter and are crazy enough to even walk on the beach.
9. What simple gesture does your spouse do that melts you every time?
John still holds my hand.
10. How soon after meeting your spouse did you know he/she was the one?
I knew within nine months of our meeting in person.
11. How soon after meeting you did your spouse know you were the one?
John and I arrived at our discovery together, so it was about nine months for him too.
12. Who is most romantic, you or your spouse?
I’m a dyed-in-the-wool romantic, but John outshines even me in this department.
13. What is the most caring thing your spouse has ever done for you?
He accepted my child as his own.
14. What is the most caring thing you’ve ever done for your spouse?
When we were first married, I gave up my quiet home and moved to a condominium in a noisy area. Thankfully, we were able to move from there!
15. Who said, “I love you” first, you or your spouse?
John blurted it out first. :o)
16. Where did you and your spouse go for your honeymoon?
We stayed in a luxury condo overlooking Discovery Bay in Washington.
About Janalyn: As an author, book reviewer, literary judge and avid reader, Janalyn Voigt understands what makes a novel worth reading. Having identified her desire to write at a tender age, she taught herself in the craft of writing long before receiving formal training through Christian Writers Guild. Janalyn’s publication credits include Focus on the Family, Scripture Press and Pentecostal Evangel. Her short story, “Flower of Life,” will release as part of The Book of Sylvari: An Anthology of Elves (Port Yonder Press). Janalyn is currently working on an epic fantasy trilogy, Tales of Faeraven, and a historical romance set during Montana’s gold rush.
She is a member of ACFW & NCWA. Learn more at her website: Janalyn Voigt, Twitter: @janalynvoigt, LinkedIn, and Facebook: Janalyn Voigt and Tales of Faeraven
About the book: Sometimes victory only comes through surrender.
At a summons, Shae wings through the air on the back of a flying horse to the High Hold of Faeraven, where all is not as it seems. Visions warn her of danger, and a dark soul touches hers in the night. When she encounters an attractive but disturbing musician, her wayward heart awakens.
But then there’s Kai, a Guardian. Secrets bind him to Shae, and her safety lies at the center of every decision he makes.
On a desperate journey fraught with peril, they battle war-like Garns, poisonous spider-waevens, ferocious raptors and the wraiths of their own regrets. Can they find a way to release the DawnKing — and salvation — into a divided land? And will they learn that sometimes victory only comes through surrender?
Come back Nov 4 for debut author, Pam Hillman.